Monday, October 23, 2006

Eccentric Behaviour...

Sometimes slatternliness pays off; Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin,
I got a new texture for Stickleback (from the plate on the right.)


Artistic endeavours can inspire the strangest behaviour. Since adopting my new faux-Breccia technique for Stickleback, I've been keeping an eye out for groovy textures to add to my library of effects.
At nine this morning, as I was clearing away last night's dishes to lay out breakfast*, I spotted just the sort of marbling pattern I was looking for in the dried vinaigrette on one of the plates; out came the camera and flashgun... what anyone looking out of the building opposite would have thought of the view through our kitchen window - a middle aged man in jim-jams sticking a camera into his washing up - I've no idea.


Anyway, it was worth the effort; after a bit of cloning and tidying up in Photoshop, it's come out pretty well, and is making its debut in part 3 of Stickleback, as a general decayed-surface pattern.

*yes, I know, I'm a slattern.

No comments: