Monday, November 17, 2008

Beardless!

Been having some bad problems with "beardruff" recently, so I've shaved off the goatee to give the skin on my chin a bit of a chance to recuperate.

This is the first time I've gone completely beardless in nearly ten years - and by coincidence I have the same haircut I was sporting back in 1997, just before I stated the goatee, so it's the facial hair equivalent of a Time Machine rewind to my old self (glasses and grey hair aside!).

My recent diet and exercise regimes have had one good effect - there were significantly fewer chins hiding under there than the last time I shaved in 2000. I'd forgotten what a faff it is shaving around my mouth though.

The beard will be back soon enough - one of the reasons for doing it now was so it could be fully restored by Christmas. Apart from the fact that my naked chin freaks Dr.F out a bit, right now my chin is at odds with my logo:-)

5 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I had a full on monster beard once, I had to get rid of it as things had started to live in there. Now I try and keep on top of the stubble if I can but it takes a lot of time for the skin to get used to a regular shaving routine and it is a pain !!

Seonaidh said...

Mine fell out in 2007.

There's nothing quite so disconcerting as having bald patches on your chin.

When it eventually grew back I was piebald for about 2 months as the follicles recovered.

I. N. J. Culbard said...

way harder to caricature you now. Damn.

Anonymous said...

AAH!

Mark Kardwell said...

Whereas mine has now grown into its full winter glory: beyond its usual "Captain Haddock" into full "Steve Earle in season 5 of THE WIRE" mode.