Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thought Bubble 2010

Back from yesterday's Thought Bubble convention in Leeds, lots of sketches done, lots of copies of Timularo sold (thanks to Dave for being my first customer!).  Lisa and her team were a model of great organization, Saville Hall remained startlingly temperate and the day went as smooooth as silk.

To everyone who came to get a signature or a sketch, it was a pleasure guys, and thanks for queuing so patiently.

Click the pic to see the set on Flickr.
(I asked permission to Blog these photos, but if you'd rather your picture was taken down, just let me know and I'll remove it.

Apologies to Dave (same one!) for not getting your sketch done all day, to John and Leah for not getting to chat, and to the three guys I only managed quick scribbles for right at the end. But thanks to Lee Gallagher for being such a cheery neighbour, and for all the doughnuts!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the sketch. And was the Batwoman sketch a nod to Edgar Degas' work or someone else? I know your work (thanks to the blog)is packed full of these sorts of references. And the pose reminds me of something, but he is the only artist who came to mind.

Cheers,
Lee

Unknown said...

I wouldn't be surprised if a bit of Degas crept in there somewhere, Lee, but I was thinking mostly of the poem "Die Lorelei" by Heinrich Heine, which I had to learn at school:

Die schönste Jungfrau sitzet
Dort oben wunderbar,
Ihr gold'nes Geschmeide blitzet,
Sie kämmt ihr goldenes Haar,

Or, in English:

The loveliest maiden is sitting
Up there, so wondrously fair;
Her golden jewelry is glist'ning;
She combs her golden hair.

...even though Bab's Gordon is a redhead.

(text/translation snaffled from http://ingeb.org/Lieder/ichweiss.html)

Anonymous said...

And that is why I love the blog.

Thanks again,
Lee

Matt @ Exquisite Things said...

Matt, great to see you at Thought Bubble again! (I was the bearded chap who asked for the Lazarus sketch). As always, a wonderful Con, have a look in at my Comics Blog if you get time (Exquisite Things).

Phillip Keith Veronese said...

The '77 Dredd one is pretty sweet.