Friday, July 07, 2006

Arrival

From page 4 of Scarlet Traces: The Great Game #1 - I think we're close enough
to publication to risk showing you a finished panel.


Just had notice from Dave Land at Dark Horse that the approval copies of Scarlet Traces: The Great Game #1 have arrived at the office and will be shipped to us today.
It's always nerve-wracking to see if a new project has printed alright, more so at the moment as I still have to devote most of my waking hours for the next month to #4, whether I'm happy with it or not.
Don't get me wrong; I'm perfectly confident that the repro will be good, since Dark Horse usually do us proud, and Amy Arendt's design work looks grreat - it's more to do with my feelings about my own work. There were technical problems with #1 that involved me changing the way I worked on the pages part-way though. As a result, it feels like a real mish-mash to me, but I'm hoping the join won't be too obvious to anyone who doesn't know about the problems I had. Time will tell...

4 comments:

Graeme Neil Reid said...

Lovely. The typographer in me says that you should take the "it" on the first line over to the second. I won't mention the "the" on the third line cos you get away with it. Sorry, it is nice you just pick these things out now and then, honest. Lovely art :)

Unknown said...

Hmm, you're not wrong there... being an artists, I get caught up with keeping the balloons out of the way of the drawings :-)

Anonymous said...

Well, Monday's looking up at last ...

Love the name of the plane - a tip-of-the-hat to a certain mile-long ship? ;)

Unknown said...

Indeederooty... we're doing that cunning Michael Moorcock thing where all our stories are peppered with references to all our other stories so if you read one, you're left with the slight nagging feeling you should go out and buy all the others :-)