Saturday, October 25, 2008

Vworp Vworp



The Lass O'Gowrie, Charles Street. Manchester

Only a week late, I've finally managed to upload my photos from Vworp Vworp, the Doctor Who Comics Convention at the Lass O'Gowrie pub, Manchester. It was a terrific event, small-scale, allowing fans and guests to mix and chat in a very relaxed way (for more on this see Christian-Mark Cawley's report on kasterborousblog.) Ian and I got to do a panel on our Torchwood comic (out now folks!) and the food was delicious. Thanks to Gareth for hosting the event.



Left to right: Ian Edginton, John Cooper, Martin Geraghty(?), Adrian Salmon



One of the pleasures of the day was bumping into Laurie Sage, who I first met on Free Comic Book Day 2002 in Norwich Library, where she'd turned up dressed as Monkey Girl (right). The cartoon I did in her sketchbook (left) refers to the fact that Warren Ellis was very suspicious of the free bananas she was handing out that day.

No comments: